Over the past four years, Sue has lost 200 pounds, began exercising, started competing in triathlons, and in 2016, qualified for the World Triathlon Championship where she finished 11th in the World. Sue is eager to user her experiences to help others begin their transformation journeys.
Over the past eight months, I have greatly enjoyed blogging for the YMCA as I prepared for the World Triathlon Championship which was held last month in Rotterdam. Sharing my thoughts about losing weight, getting fit, and doing triathlons has been fun. Thank you, YMCA, for giving me this opportunity.
When I started this blog, I wasn’t sure about sharing my story publicly. I was nervous about “putting myself out there.” But I have to admit, I’ve enjoyed the blogging. The writing has helped me grow personally as I tried to put my thoughts and feelings into words. And your “likes” have been encouraging. Thank you!
I hope my story has helped people think about doing things that they never dreamed of doing! We are all so capable of doing things that we perceive as being beyond our limits. At 335 pounds, I never dreamed I would participate in a triathlon, and I certainly didn’t imagine racing at the World Triathlon Championship. Luckily, people saw things in me that I didn’t see in myself. I am eternally grateful to my triathlon coach, Brant Bahler at Dream Big Triathlon Coaching.
My triathlon journey continues. I am now preparing for the 2018 World Championship in Australia next September. I am also continuing to write: My new blog is at Triathlon 200 – Blog, and I’m continuing to work on my book. That’s another thing I never dreamed I would do!
I thought I’d close with some of my favorite quotes.
- Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.- Plato
- Find a way.- Dianna Niad
- No complaining. No whining. No excuses. – John Wooden
- What’s Next? – Tim Grover, Relentless
- Patient. Tough Minded. – Matt Foreman
- Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go. – T.S. Elliott
- If your dreams don’t scare you, they’re not big enough.- Lowell Lundstrom
- In a triathlon race, you are always on the verge of failure. – Paulo Sousa
- It is not hard. It is not a challenge. It is an opportunity to show what you are made of. – Carrie Cheadle