From toddlers to retirees, the Y offers swimming and other water exercise opportunities for every age group and ability level. Our goal in all of our aquatic programs is for people to be safe and enjoy being active in and around the water. Then it’s up to you! Swimming lessons, water aerobics, parent-child classes, competitive swimming and more can be part of your sumer.
Whether you’re at the Y, the beach, the lake or the neighborhood pool this summer, make these promises to yourself and the kids in your care:
- I will make sure my children learn to swim
- If I can’t swim, I will learn
- I will make sure Coast Guard-approved life jackets are worn by all non-swimmers
- I will maintain visual contact with my child
- I won’t swim or allow children to swim when or where there is no lifeguard on duty
- I won’t dive or jump or allow children to dive or jump, where the water depth is unknown
- I will stay no more than an arm’s length away from any child who cannot swim
Visit the Monroe County YMCA website to see all of the Aquatic happenings for the summer!